Digital Transformation: Moving Beyond the Hype
Digital transformation is not just a short-term fad. It is the new normal. It is the next stage of our economic and infrastructure foundation and society as a whole. With the right strategy, the right team, and the right partners, it can open the door to amazing opportunities.
In this guide, we will explore how information technology (IT) provides the foundation for digital transformation, learn about why security needs to be a central theme, and sum up digital transformation with some practical and actionable insights.
The Role of Digital Transformation
Discover some of the tangible and practical benefits that companies have derived from their digital transformation journey.
- Paperwork reduction. Digital transformation can reduce the flow of actual paper, the duplication of effort, the unnecessary busywork, and the abundance of information that results from inefficient document management.
- Social media. Integrating social media into all aspects of their business and decision making processes has become necessary to stay competitive.
- Online training. Online training can benefit employees, reduce errors, and prevent a drain on resources over the long term.
- IT automation. IT automation can increase responsiveness and let IT professionals focus on innovation instead of basic provisioning and maintenance.
- Data analytics. Data analytics is a driving force behind digital transformation. This provides tangible cost savings and benefits up and down the executive ladder.