IDPS Configuration Checklist
More organizations are using intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS) to reduce their risk of a data breach and comply with regulations. However, these systems can be finicky.
In this guide, you’ll learn the steps to complete the configuration process and to ensure that your IDPS continuously protects your organization.
Need Help Getting Started?
Syntax's IDPS monitoring and management services give you more contextual data about your network - separating actionable security events from the noise, so that you can better prioritize threats. With our 24/7 coverage, you can reduce the burden on your in-house IT team while strengthening your defenses at the same time.
Configuration Checklist: 10 Steps
- Assign an experienced professional to configure and monitor your IDPS.
- Route your traffic and set up your cabling.
- Ensure that your IDPS is encrypted and that you incorporate certificates so that you can get proper instructions.
- License all of your functionality.
- Pre-filter your configurations.
Learn the other items on our IDPS Configuration Checklist by downloading this whitepaper!