As the backbone of numerous core business systems, the IBM I (AS400) has proven its value as a reliable and secure data processing and workload-optimized application system that is central to many organizations for over three decades.
The IBM i retains widespread global usage as a system with a low total cost of ownership (TCO). However, as next-generation operating systems, applications, and integrations become more prevalent, the historic nature of this midrange system reduces the available talent pool and thus becomes more challenging to maintain in-house.
As IBM continues to modernize this system, the thousands of companies running them are looking for opportunities to host these systems in the cloud rather than on-premises to simplify operations and/or to align with their cloud first strategy.
In this on-demand webinar we discuss the benefits and considerations for migrating your IBM i (AS400) workloads to the cloud. We also discuss the various cloud hosting options which can enable reduced TCO and simplified business operations. Also discussed will be licensing implications and migration methodology. Finally, we discuss how cloud hosting can improve disaster recovery, ensure high availability, and maintain business continuity.
- Best practices to migrate IBM I infrastructure to the Cloud
- Achieving simplified IT operations
- How to achieve reduced TCO with cloud hosting
- Increased flexibility and scalability in compute, storage, software, and back-up
- Enhanced disaster recovery and high availability
- Accelerated performance and stability
- Colin Dawes, Chief Solution Architect, Syntax