With more people working remotely in 2020 due to the global pandemic, ransomware attacks have increased 715% year over year. Ransomware—a type of malicious software or malware that prohibits you from accessing files, apps, and/or networks unless you pay a handsome ransom—is on the rise and getting more dangerous. The FBI reports that ransomware is one of the fastest growing threats. Cyber criminals can make thousands or even millions of dollars from one attack on an enterprise.
With hackers becoming more sophisticated and targeted, how do you protect yourself from a ransomware attack?
KEY webinar TAKEAWAYS:
- Why ransomware attacks have become so successful (hint: companies are paying the ransom)
- The critical steps to take before a ransomware attack happens
- What to do when a ransomware attack happens to you
It’s important to effectively combat ransomware before it happens to your enterprise, so your business is not shut down. Syntax has successfully helped some of its customers with ransomware attacks. Learn how Syntax can help you too.
- Matt Rogers, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Americas, Syntax
- Mike Rulf, Chief Technology Officer, Americas, Syntax
- Matthew Royse, Marketing Director, Syntax (moderator)